Friday, December 28, 2012

Les Miserables

I watched Les Miserables tonight. What an emotional ride. I did not know anything about the story. I was so inspired by each of the characters. There are so few movies these days that urge you take a moment to examine yourself. This was one of them. I was reminded that peoples experiences in life dictate how they interpret what it means to be Christlike. It is so difficult to put your lives experience aside and try to be like Christ. I sobbed as I realized that I have judged so many. I have wondered why so many people make such awful decisions. I have been blessed more than I have words for right now and yet I pass judgment on some who have been given difficult struggles to overcome. I have felt sorrow all night and have prayed that I have more compassion and love for people. These moments are bitter sweet. Bitter because I realize honestly how much I have to improve on. Sweet because the atonement of Christ allows me to do that.

No comments: